Sports Betting Champ

Friday, August 26, 2011

Part 4 of 5 - Have You Seen Child-like Behavior In Adults?

This is a continuation from the entry dated 8/24/2011...

Part 4 of 5 - Have You Seen Child-like Behavior In Adults?

From my limited research and experience on the subject of parent/child relationships, I realize that there are many developmental psychologists that would agree that my assumptions and conclusions are accurate and ‘common knowledge’ within their profession. However, I also know there are those in the same field that theorize that the parent/child relationship tends to stand alone.

These theorists have presented evidence from studies performed that the parent/child relationship has very little significance in relationships that evolve outside the home environment, especially the peer to peer relationship. I must say that despite any such evidence from studies, and in light of what we see right in front of our eyes every day, it is obvious to me that child-like behaviors born from parent/child relationships pervade all aspects of our adult relationships.

We see child-like behaviors in the many different approaches that people use (begging, pleading, pouting, crying, yelling, threatening) to manipulate each other in order to “get their way,” get what they want, control each other, get each others' attention. Whichever approach worked best for them as a child appears to be the “go to” or default approach as an adult. Am I wrong? Have you seen behaviors like this? Is there something wrong with my reasoning? These are not rhetorical questions. I am searching for answers. I am not an expert in psychology or child development. I am just observing behavior and looking for ways to logically explain the origin of the behavior.

 To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment